Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices, Parts 1 and 2, Accelerated - VIVND-A
VIVND is a learning product with 2 parts. The first (VIVND1) is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge to describe characteristics of video solutions and assess the requirements for a successful implementation of a video solution. The second (VIVND2) is designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to implement various Cisco Video endpoints in converged Cisco video infrastructures.
The 5-day instructor-led training prepares students for the VIVND exam. Passing the VIVND exam results in a Cisco Video Network Specialist certification. Passing both the VIVND and ICOMM tests result in achieving CCNA Video certification.
VIVND-A is an extended hours course covering VIVND 1 and 2. The class typically runs from 9:00am to 6:00pm on Monday through Friday.
Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices, Part 1 (VIVND1) v1.0 course is a learning product designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge to describe characteristics of video solutions and assess the requirements for a successful implementation of a video solution. The course describes the characteristics of a video solution and enables students to evaluate the general requirements for video deployments such as coding options, media formats, protocols, network impact, high-level architectural components and their interactions, and requisites to the environment.
Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices Part 2, (VIVND2) v1.0 is a new 5-day ILT class designed to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to implement various Cisco Video endpoints in converged Cisco video infrastructures. Cisco business video solutions has 4 major Cisco Medianet application components: – Unified Communication and Collaboration – TelePresence – Digital Media Suite (DMS) – Video Surveillance The Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices Part 2 (VIVND2) v1.0 course describes Cisco business video solutions and enables students to implement and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communication and Collaboration, TelePresence and Digital Media Player in different Cisco business video solution architectures.
Supported on Windows or Mac computing environments. Downloadable version requires Safari browser (v5.x and above) and Java (v1.6 through 1.7 build 5). The online streaming version is supported with: Safari (v5.x and above), Chrome (v21.x and above), or Firefox (v16.x and above) with Flash (v9.x and above).
The training will not work with other browsers, including Internet Explorer.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the characteristics of a video solution
- Evaluate the general requirements for video deployments including codingoptions, media formats, protocols, network impact, high-levelarchitectural components
- Evaluate environmental requirements
- Describe the components and architectures of Cisco business video solutions.
- Implement Cisco Unified Communications and Cisco Collaboration video endpoints.
- Implement Cisco TelePresence video endpoints.
- Implement multipoint conferencing on Cisco video endpoints.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Working knowledge of basic IP basic networking.
- Cisco Basic IP networking e-learning or Interconnecting Cisco Devices Part 1 and Part 2 (ICND1 and ICND2).
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Advanced customers and end-users seeking familiarity and/or certification with Cisco TelePresence products
- Introduction to Video and Video Applications
- Video Technology Basics
- Video Protocols and Media
- Functional Components of Video Infrastructures
- Network Requirements of Video Solutions
- Cisco Video Solution Architecture Overview
- Environmental Requirements for Video Installations
- Installing Cisco TelePresence Endpoints and Profile Systems
- Cisco Business Video Solutions
- Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration Video Endpoints
- Cisco TelePresence Endpoints
- Multipoint Conferencing