Cisco SD-WAN Operation and Deployment - ENSDW
The Cisco SD-WAN Operation and Deployment (ENSDW) v1.0 is a 2-day instructor-led hands-on course that provides an overview of the Cisco SD-WAN solution and SD-WAN components. You will learn how to create, manage, and operate a secure extensible network using Cisco SD-WAN products. Cisco SD-WAN is a new technology, this training covers salient features such as zero-touch provisioning, secure network bring-up, configuration using feature templates, the configuration of Overlay Management Protocol (OMP) and policies for network traffic management. Students will also learn about policies and quality of service (QoS) in the SD-WAN overlay network.
It is recommended, but not required, to have the following skills and knowledge before attending this course:
- Strong understanding of enterprise-wide area network design
- Strong understanding of routing protocol operation, including both interior and exterior routing protocol operation
- Familiarity with Transport Layer Security (TLS) and IP Security (IPSec)
Here are recommended Cisco learning offerings that may help students meet these prerequisites:
- Implementing Cisco IP Routing v2.0 (ROUTE)
- Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks v2.0 (TSHOOT)
- Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS)
- Enterprise Network System Installers
- System Integrators
- System Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Solutions Designers
- Identify the various components and architecture of the Cisco SD-WAN solution.
- Deploy vEdge routers in a secure extensible network.
- Create templates to aide in the deployment and operation of the secure extensible network.
- Configure and verify overlay routing in the secure extensible network.
- Create simple policies to control traffic flow in the secure extensible network.
Module 1: SD-WAN Solution Components
- Lesson 1: SD-WAN Solution Overview
- Lesson 2: SD-WAN Components
- Lesson 3: Managing SD-WAN Components
Module 2: Secure Extensible Network Deployment
- Lesson 1: Secure Control Plane Operation
- Lesson 2: Secure Control Plane Deployment
- Lesson 3: Secure Data Plane Operation
- Lesson 4: Cloud Deployments and Redundancy
Module 3: SD-WAN Template Deployment
- Lesson 1: Templates Overview
- Lesson 2: Feature Templates
- Lesson 3: Device Templates
- Lesson 4: Attaching Devices to Templates
Module 4: SD-WAN Overlay Routing
- Lesson 1: Overlay Routing Overview
- Lesson 2: OMP Route Advertisements
- Lesson 3: OMP Route Redistribution and Network Segmentation
- Lesson 4: Configuring and Verifying Overlay Routing
Module 5: SD-WAN Policies and QoS
- Lesson 1: Policy Overview and Framework
- Lesson 2: vSmart Policy Operation and Construction
- Lesson 3: Forwarding and QoS Overview
- Lesson 4: Configuring and Monitoring QoS Forwarding