This one-day course provides security and network professionals with a functional understanding of the major changes in v11 for BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM). The course includes lectures, demonstrations and hands-on labs.
Students should have at least previously attended the BIG-IP LTM Essentials course (v9 or v10) with the LTM Advanced Topics course strongly recommended.
Students should understand:
- Common Security and Network terminology
- TCP/IP Addressing and Routing and Internetworking concepts
- Security Authorization and Authentication concepts
- Common elements of and differences between WAN and LAN components.
In addition, students should be proficient in:
- Basic PC operation and application skills, including operating a CD drive, keyboard, mouse and Windows OS
- Basic Web browser operation (Internet Explorer is used in class).
By course completion, the student should be able to list the major new features in BIG-IP LTM v11. Additionally, assuming the student met the prerequisites below, they should be able to install, configure, monitor and administer a BIG-IP LTM v11 System
The major changes in LTM V11 covered in this course include:
- Setup utility changes for BIG-IP v11
- vCMP feature in v11
- Configuring iApps in BIG-IP v11
- High Availability in v11 (Sync-Failover Device Groups)
- High Availability part 2 (Traffic Groups)
- Folders & Sync-Only Device Groups