Our five-day Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) Accelerated Certification Program is designed for individuals who require the skills to successfully support end users and to successfully troubleshoot desktop environments running on the Microsoft Windows operating system.
The MCDST certification covers the skills of help desk technician, customer support representative, PC support specialist, technical support representative, and technical support specialists as defined by the National Workforce Center for Emerging Technologies Skill Standards for Information Technology and other research worldwide.
Our MCDST Accelerated Certification Program:
- Allows you to achieve your MCDST certification in a fraction of the time of 'traditional training' while delivering industry-leading exam passing percentages
- Helps students grasp complex technical concepts more easily by identifying and catering to individual student learning styles through a mixed visual, auditory and kinaesthetic-tactual delivery system
- Enhances retention by employing accelerated learning techniques focused on committing information to long-term memory
Upgrade your MCDST certification to earn MCITP certifications:
The MCDST course is an ideal stepping stone to a job as a Support Technician. Many MCDST certification holders continue to further their careers by earning the following MCITP certifications:
- MCITP Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7.
- MCITP Enterprise Support Technician (Vista).
These added credentials validate your comprehension of the functions and features of the Windows 7 (or Windows Vista) operating system, your ability to deploy and support Windows 7 (or Windows Vista), and your skills related to troubleshooting network connectivity and applications issues within Windows 7 (or Windows Vista).
For IT managers, certification is particularly important because it allows them to more easily identify the skills that an individual possesses. When a company has employees that possess certain skills, it can garner a competitive advantage when seeking to attract customers. Certification can also contribute to increased productivity, because studies have shown that certified individuals are generally quicker to implement and design new technologies. And of course by knowing that their employees are certified, IT managers can feel more confident about their ability to implement and support a network infrastructure.
The IT industry, your employer, clients, and peers will recognize your MCDST credential as a symbol of the skills and knowledge you have gained. Microsoft certification demonstrates that you have the ability to successfully support Microsoft business solutions for your organization or client.
Candidates who earn the MCDST certification receive a Welcome Kit containing a wallet card, certificate, and MCDST logo that enable you to identify your MCDST status to colleagues or clients. In addition, MCDSTs receive:
- Access through the MCP Member Site to technical and product information directly from Microsoft.
- Access through the MCP Member Site to exclusive discounts on products and services from selected companies.
- Invitations to Microsoft conferences, technical training sessions, and special events.
- Access to new security-enhanced content on Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine Online.
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
HBFITES provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
The MCDST certification covers the skills of help desk technician, customer support representative, PC support specialist, technical support representative, and technical support specialists as defined by the National Workforce Centre for Emerging Technologies Skill Standards for Information Technology and other research worldwide.
The MCDST credential is for IT professionals working in the typically complex computing environment of small, medium, or large organizations. An MCDST candidate should have 6-12 months of experience supporting end users of a desktop operating system.
Students attending this blended-learning program will receive a robust set of course materials that caters to each of the three primary individual learning-intake styles (auditory, visual, and kinaesthetic-tactual) - critical for a successful accelerated learning experience.
Daily lectures, labs, and review sessions are supplemented by a combination of:
- Proprietary Lab Manual & Microsoft Courseware - developed in conjunction with Microsoft, adapting Microsoft Official Curriculum to address the demands of accelerated learners
- Self Test or Transcender Testing Software
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technicians (MCDST) candidates are required to pass two Microsoft certification exams that provide a valid and reliable measure of technical proficiency and expertise.
HBFITES has an aggressive educational schedule that thoroughly covers all essential elements necessary to become a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST).
- Supporting Users Running the Microsoft Windows XP Operating System - Exam 70-271
- Supporting Users Running Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System - Exam 70-272
HBFITES delivers a wholly-integrated curriculum that, while minimizing redundancy, provides students with a comprehensive, real-world competency in the following topic area:
- Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
- Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) candidates are required to pass the following examination as prescribed by our examination track.
Client Operating System Exams
- 70-271 - Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
- 70-272 - Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
Credit Toward Certification
When you pass either of the above examinations, you will achieved Microsoft Certified Professional status. You also earn credit toward the following certification.
- Core credit toward Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator on Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 certification
HBFITES offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Certification Programs includes
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review) Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers *
- On site testing **
- Accommodation, All Meals; Unlimited Beverages, Snacks and Tea/Coffee
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations
- Examination Passing Policy